Everybody is affected by the recent outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). No one is exempt, regardless of faith, beliefs, ethnicity and location. People are forced to stay indoors, at home and be more or less isolated to try and limit the risk of infections.
Graduation was right around the door for so many Pitt students and now they could use advice or mentorship from alumni more than ever!
Pitt to help our alumni, wantsfaculty, staff and students to stay connected by using technology in better ways. It has created a platform for this, reserved for members of the Pitt community.
It features professional development opportunities, distance learning classes and training programs and ways to increase your reach, enlarge your network and find other Pitt alumni out there who can help you in daily life (talk, discuss, reminisce) or work (land that interview or find a new career).
Pitt Commons is Pitt’s global (career) network comprised of Pitt alums, faculty, staff, and students, and it’s your one stop shop for all things career-related.
There are job and discussion boards on topics ranging from resume rejuvenation to career assessment/career change, to how to stay competitive in your chosen field.
Joining Pitt Commons connects you to fellow Pitt alums and gives you access to resources specifically geared toward career development.
Take 5 minutes and join the community by completing the following steps:
- Visit www.commons.pitt.edu
- Create an account for yourself
- Answer some questions about your career interests.
- Once you answer these questions you can optionally import your CV directly from LinkedIn, so you don’t have to enter any of the information manually.
- Check your customized professional network and start reaching out.
- Find old classmates, colleagues, friends, flames or crushes and increase your virtual social contacts!
We are going to start providing programming in Pitt Commons soon too. We may hold classes, seminars, TED talks, and some really interesting social functions (possibly a virtual happy hour or virtual coffee) they’re still testing a bunch of things out right now.