January is National Mentoring Month, and to celebrate, Pitt Commons is looking for a few good mentors!
As usual, Pitt (and the Alumni Association) seem to be ignoring anything beyond their national borders, but that’s okay. It’s normal and expected. 😉 We’re here – the Pitt alumni – and we know they don’t mean no harm… 🙂
Anyway… Perhaps you were looking for an opportunity to give something back to current Pitt students and are open for a few mentoring sessions with them. Given your unique experience creates a whole new mentoring-level that national Pitt alums are not aware off and I think could make international alumni even better mentors than native alum who’ve never experienced living aboard for a longer period of time. (This is all in good fun and no pun intended; no offense guys!)
If you’ve always wanted to share your knowledge and make an impact in a student’s life, the opportunity is here all month long on Pitt Commons. We’ll be matching students and alumni in Flash Mentoring pairs for a quick chat.Pitt Commons
If you are ready to become part of a potentially transformative experience for a Pitt student, please follow these simple steps:
- Sign up for Pitt Commons
- Make sure your Pitt Commons profile is updated/accurate.
- Join the “Mentoring Month – January 2020” group.
- Think about what you’d like to discuss/share with your assigned mentee.
- Keep an eye out for your confirmation email, which will serve as an introduction to your mentee.
- Speak with your mentee via Pitt Commons messaging or video chat for 15-20 minutes.
- Feel good about your positive effect on the Pitt community!
Questions? Reach out to email@example.com